We invite papers on any issue concerning Native American law.
Hargrave Prize for Writings by Past or Present Sovereignty Symposium Faculty
Awards will be given in the amounts of $1,500, $1,000 and $750 for the best three original and previously unpublished papers. The winners will be included in the Symposium publication.
Doolin Prize for Students
This competition is open to any student enrolled in college, at any level. First, second and third prizes in the amounts of $1,000, $750 and $500 will be awarded. The winning entry will be published in the symposium publication. Second and third place entries will be published if space permits.
The Hager Prize of $1,000 will be awarded for the best writing, either student or presenter, on the ICWA or any legal issue concerning Native American children. The winning entry will also be published in the Symposium publication.
- The entries in the writing competitions must be fifty (50) single-spaced pages in length or less.
- The paper used shall be 8-1/2” x 11” in size.
- Use a 12-point font in Times New Roman format. The left and right margins must be 2”; the top and bottom margins must be 1.5”.
- The title of the paper, the name of the author and a current email, mailing address and telephone number must be placed on the cover page.
- Only the title of the paper should appear at the top of the first page of the text. The author’s name should appear on the cover page only.
- Papers must be submitted in Microsoft Word.
- Email the formatted version to email@example.com.
ALL PAPERS MUST BE SUBMITTED NO LATER THAN MARCH 15, 2024.
If you have any questions, call Lori Harless at (405) 208-5017.
C. Blue Clark Student Poster Competition
Please fill out the form below and email your abstract (250-300 words) to firstname.lastname@example.org in a PDF attachment. This competition is for undergraduate and graduate college students.